Saturday, January 28, 2012

Stress Test...

I have a wonderful relationship with my mom's mom, MeeMaw, and tomorrow she is going to start her two day Stress Test, at the Cardiologist office where I used to work. So naturally, since she is a little anxious about doing the test in the first place, I have offered to stay with her both days so that it will make her feel better.

MeeMaw and I at Christmas 2009
 This is my MeeMaw, she is full of stories of how she grew up and full of spunk! So, when it comes to her wanting me to stay the night with her, you know my first response was "absolutely", no doubt about it!

It's not going to be easy, since I've only stayed away from Jenn one night in the whole, almost 2 years, we have been together. But, I think with computers and cell phones we should be O.K.! However, I will feel awfully odd, sleeping by myself and with no dogs!

So, I made it the entire night without Jenn.....mind you, it was a very long night but I survived! LOL! As for the stress test, MeeMaw was a true trooper. She, luckly, did not have to get on the treadmill, they injected her with a Nuclear Medicine that makes her feel as though she has ran up a flight of stairs really fast or worked out and has an elevated heart rate! Since I used to work at this doctors office, I knew the lady that administrated the injection/test on her and I had full confidence in that my MeeMaw was in great hands! Of course, I did get to catch up with some of my old friends that still work there and I really did enjoy talking with them and hearing how their lives have changed and their children have grown up since I've last seen them, which has been at least 3 years.

Now that MeeMaw has done the test, she now has an appointment to get the results in a week and once again, I plan on going with her and staying the night with her for TWO nights this time! Her birthday is the day before her appointment so Jenn, my SH (Sweetheart)and I have asked her to come out to Jenn's parent's house to go fishing, one of MeeMaw's favorite things to do, and have a birthday full of stuff to do so that she has a great 80th birthday! I can't wait for her to see where I'm living, since I've been here almost 2 years and she hasn't been over yet, and have her meet Jenn's parents as well, they are two WONDERFUL people and have been wanting to meet her for a while! So, hopefully we will make MeeMaw's birthday special with all the activities we have planned for the day! Now, after we do all that running on her birthday, I plan on heading back to her house with her so that I can go with her to get her results the next day, thus the reason I am staying 2 nights this time (and NO there was NO internet for me to use while I was at her house BTW, but I did survive)!

For now, though I am preparing my next couple of blogs to get posted so that I can show you all the stuff that I have gotten done from my ideas I've gotten from Pinterest! There are quite a few! I have made some glitter, yes I did say I MADE IT, and I have made some art work that is pretty darn inexpensive that looks like it cost me more than you would think! I am so excited to show these projects to you, however, you must wait for them to be finished before I can post!

So, keep checking in so you can see my projects that I have made my own, from Pinterest! Your going to enjoy them, I promise!

Happy Pinning......


No comments:

Post a Comment