Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cleaning Ideas...

As I have said before, I am totally addicted to Pinterest. I have over 1,000 "pins" on my boards and I plan on using as many as I can to make our house a place with a little "spunk"! My latest idea came from this blog that I came across while I was pinning, "One Good Thing" by Jillee. Now I'm sure that this is an older trick that most people know about, but it is new to me and I LOVE it....I have cleaned 2 of my cookie sheets with this solution, with things that I had around the house and didn't cost me a dime! It's simple, 1/4 cup of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.

You put the 1/4 cup of baking soda in a glass bowl (you can pretty much use any bowl, I just prefer a glass bowl) and pour in the Hydrogen Peroxide until it comes to a paste texture. I just use my hands to apply the past to the baking sheet, or what ever you are going to clean, dirt/grease stain/or any stubborn stain you have (you can also use a sponge if you would like, but my hands do the job just as good). Here is the baking sheet before the mixture:

This is AWFUL!
 I was on the verge of throwing out the baking sheets, we have two that look JUST like this. But, when I found this mixture, I thought "what the heck" and tried it. If it didn't work, oh well, I would just throw them out as planned. But, it WORKED! Much to my surprise and with a little elbow grease, the baking sheets came clean:

Household products, who knew!
I was pleasantly surprised at how well it did work. These baking sheets have been through the ringer and some of the stuff didn't come completely off, but from what I started with, WOW! It has turned out great! Of course these baking sheets are old and Jenn has had them FOREVER not to mention they are those industrial baking sheets, so they are pretty thick and hearty!

I have also read on Jillee's website that she would use this same paste on non-stick pans as well. I definitely recommend you visiting her site and seeing what else she has up her sleeves for more cleaning ideas, I know that I will!

Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment